Category Archives: things i like lately
I recently stumbled upon the Bbar blog, the Well, and saw that they were starting an interesting series called BBar Blog Linkup. Each person participating writes a blog post responding to a specific question and then links to everyone else’s posts on the topic.
This month’s Bbar Linkup was about one of my favorite topics, Instagram! The question was one that I could easily answer without hesitation: Who are your three favorite instagrammers and why?
Its almost the weekend – huzzah!
Isn’t the week after a long holiday always the hardest? Continue reading »
Just a few things I’ve been liking lately …
Celebrating a thirty something birthday in Montauk planned by the hubby. Here’s some from the iphone
Tea’s Tea matcha green tea lattes which have way too much sugar but I still loooove
” To live is the rarest thing in the world
Most people exist, that is all “
Remembering my childhood in Africa a post over on instagram …and below
Buying custom pieces of furniture from a local Jersey City vendor, Made in Paulus Hoeck. We recently bought from them an awesome coffee table with an industrial feel and made from reclaimed wood. Excited about the new pieces being worked on now!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Since it’s been awhile since my last Things I like lately post, I thought I’d add a few visuals of the things that have caught my attention lately.
1. Korres – I love the Korres line, especially anything that does wonders for dry winter skin, smells good, and doesn’t make me worry about too many chemicals. When I was in Greece, I had a field day at the local pharmacies, stocking up on everything Korres from eyeliner to bug spray. | 2. Valentine’s card from Hammerpress | 3. Love Poems by Pablo Neruda | 4. A card for Valentine’s Day from Nightingale Projects | 5. I need a lamp like this one for my bedside reads! Lamp from Onefortythree via Shop Sweet Things blog | 6. Mid-Century Modern furniture – my pinterest boards dedicated to modern living spaces say it all. The one above is from West Elm. | 7. Weekend Almanac Magazine and the accompanying print, can’t wait until it comes in the mail! -CM
- The wedding images I’ve been editing, like the above (more later!)
- Eating in on weeknights and making simple savory meals that we actually take pride in (as opposed to the strange last minute concoctions we made or falling back on our bad habit of take out meals)
- Less thinking and more doing
- Planning out my year with some creative wall calendars, I like this one. Also digging the selection on DailyCandy and over on Anne Sage’s blog
- I would love to try one of these tea cocktails (via NYTimes Magazine)
- Found old photos, especially sassy ones…check out the series “Preserved Moments of Historical Sass” over on Messy Nessy chic blog.
- Powering down before 10pm at night…2am was not an unusual bedtime for me last year (winter makes me tired!)
- The hardcover book I’m reading of the Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
Happy weekend! – CM
One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to share more frequently on this blog. Last year the posts here were very few and far between. That definitely needs to change. Even though there have been a lot of exciting things going on lately, there was always some other task that took priority. But that will always be the case! No matter how busy things get, I wanted to try a new series each Friday highlighting some interesting links and some things that I like or find interesting lately. Here we go:
-Maxing and relaxing, eating good food, and spending some much needed quality time with family
-Indulging in obscenely delicious Affogato (via breweddaily.com)
-Second chances in 2014
Have a stellar weekend! Cheers -CM
Have you seen Moonrise Kingdom yet? I loved everything about it. Every scene feels like a beautifully composed photograph. Best line: “I love you but you don’t know what you’re talking about.” Go see it and let me know what you think. Bon Weekend! -CM
PS One creative couple loved Wes Anderson movies so much, they styled their Save the Date Video just like his movies. Love it!